Monday, December 12, 2011

This semesters Lessons learned

Today was the last Monday of a life changing experience for me. I took a semester off from SJSU and went to my hometowns beloved community college. I needed some time away for financial, health, and just sanity reasons. I decided to still take classes so that I could still work on my degree. Here are some things I learned.

1. Exercise can make a grey sky blue.

2. I like the taste of fresh fruits and vegetables better than frozen.

3. I try to cook with olive oil so i can get monounsaturated fat.

4. I like being by myself sometimes.

5. I try to walk 3 feet per second to increase my life.

6. I love coming home and cooking with my husband.

7. Finding out about Spotify, Picasa, and Evernote changed everything. These are free programs that I use everyday. FABULOUS.

8. NPR is actually very educational and interesting. I feel smart when I listen to it.

9. Walks with my mom and Emmie make everything better.

10. Laundry is infinite.

Taking less classes has shown me there is soo much more to life than school. And I like Life. The most important lesson I learned is Music is not Life. Music is meant to help express emotions in or about life. With this realization I'm ready to go back to SJSU and finish my degree (three more semesters...)

And Last but not least, I saw a burrito truck pulled over on the highway and I couldn't help but think "location, location, location"

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes we all need a little rest stop along the way to figure out who we are and what we're about. I took one at just the same stage you did, a quarter off during my junior year, and it refreshed me and charged me up for the rest of my college journey.

    Onward and upward!

    =)

    ReplyDelete