Thursday, July 19, 2012

Feeling reflective

One day Matt and I were about to go grocery shopping. We both spotted a shelf turned on its side, right outside our apartments, with a FREE sign on it. I said something along the lines of I bet that would fit in our studio. We chuckled and went to the car. Matt hesitated to open his car door and said, "That really would go perfect in our place!" Mind you, this was a long time ago and I don't remember the specific dialogue. What I do remember is acting on that instinct and we both moved the shelf into our place. It fit perfectly and is much safer than the wall shelf that was left by the previous owner.
Was that shelf fitting so perfectly really a coincidence? I don't think so. Some days you are blessed with what you need. Some days I feel so grateful. We don't have a very big place, but the fact that we do have a place makes me so glad. A year ago getting an apartment felt impossible. To think, we haven't had a problem paying for rent or paying for my school. That is a blessing. It's so tempting to move away when I see rent half the size of ours but for apartments triple the size of ours. When school is done for me dec 2013 I bet we will move. Matt will get his masters while I work, and then we'll trade.

For now, we are blessed. I've never been this happy. Matt is so good to me. The more grateful I am the more content and patient I feel. I'm ready to start a full load in august along with my new music teaching job. I'm glad that new doors keep opening up!

1 comment:

  1. I hope those blessings keep rolling your way...With that attitude, I suspect they will!

    =)

    ReplyDelete