Wednesday, August 22, 2012

First day of the semester.

Today was so fabulous, and there are so many reasons why! I think life was this fabulous before but accutane put a little veil over everything! Whats up with that?

1. Getting a souvenir from Japan courtesy of my choir buddy from last year. It was the sweetest thing to get on the first day back to school! Her Dad and brothers live in Japan and she lives with her mom here.  She is such an amazing piano player and I'm so blessed to know her. I love sweet tokens from people like this. The fact that she thought of me during the summer truly warms my heart.

2. I'll be singing in the chorus for the Andrea Bocelli concert in November at the HP Pavilion. I honestly don't listen to him BUT I'm way beyond excited to be his back-up singer. Well one of many back up singers but hey, this is awesome.

3. I learned how to make pie crust from scratch from my dear friend Alison's Mom. She made such a fancy, gourmet, dinner and it was quite inexpensive!

Here is her recipe

Take some flour, use 3/4 a stick of butter, add some water and a little salt. Mix it together until it forms like dough. put it in the fridge for 20 min, and then take it out to roll and then bake it.

THIS IS MY KIND OF RECIPE! The fact that all these fun things happened today really made the first day of school a breeze!

1 comment:

  1. Wow on the Bocelli concert. I DO listen to him, and I'm impressed!

    =)

    ReplyDelete