Wednesday, September 11, 2013

What are tender mercies?

In my institute class this week we studied the tender mercies of the Lord. I've heard this phrase a lot on sundays, in scriptures and in talks but I never realized that there are tender mercies in my life everyday. What are tender mercies?

This talk explains it beautifully.

Today it was simple but it's like i could see Heavenly father looking down and winking,  and not in the teasing way but the way my mom would wink at me and say "I love ya." Those winks are the best. Tender mercies are those winks from Heavenly Father. Lately I've been more aware of these tender mercies.

I know my heavenly father is very aware that I want to get healthy, and exercise and eat well (I pray about it all the time). It sounds silly, but this has been a struggle for me in the past, and I really want to take care of my body. I feel like lately, he has been helping me make it possible. This morning I woke up and realized that I had very little time between school and work to finish the homework that needed to be done. I knew that my cycling class would have to be put off for today. That bummed me out significantly. But then miracles of miracle I get an email saying my 4 hour class is canceled later today.

Coincidence? No, that is a tender mercy of the Lord.

I know my Heavenly Father loves me.


No comments:

Post a Comment